Welcome to another edition of Quick Bits! now abbreviated to just QB! because its a new year and lets be CRAZAY! (or just because they’ve been having titles lately and shits long enough as it is) Tomorrow will conclude my multiplayer focused articles for CA!. This week I wanted to showcase some well done and unique titles that can be enjoyed with either a good group of friends, or even with complete strangers. Games that have fairly good communities that don’t resort to name calling and vulgar language; but communities that have actually shown me that they are willing to help newcomers and for the most part be cool to one another. Besides the solid communities, these games are also really well done and fun to play, with unique settings and gimmicks that separate them from the dozens of mindless military shooters that rule the online space.
This week will be another QB! where I don’t go too much into games news, but here are some links and headlines to news on other sites.
Fire Emblem 3DS Bundle:
Dead Space 3 Developer CE:
Next Gen PlayStation Move:
And here are some other games that deserve your interest: Primordia. Kentucky Route Zero. Frog Fractions. Anarchy Reigns. Hundreds. Don’t Starve. And Devil May Cry comes out in two days! ZOMG!
and something cool
Now onto the cool little subject that fell into my lap when I logged in tonight, and its actually related to a subject I was going to write about on my own personal blogosphere, and that is the community of WordPress. Since I started writing for CA! I have gone to numerous other blogs and have begun reading the content that they deliver. I have liked the columns I have enjoyed and Bookmarked the blogs themselves that have interested me, by doing some of these fellow bloggers have stopped by here as well and possibly liked an article or two or even commented. Or maybe just said this is shit and left; who knows? The hole I have found myself falling into will be the subject for my other blog, but tonight a fellow little site that I have bookmarked amongst my collection has nominated Counter Attack! for the “One Lovely Blog Award + Very Inspiring Blogger Award”
Now, i’m not entirely sure how this works or maybe even what this is exactly, but I do know that it is very cool. While I hope CA! is a pretty decent little thing that you readers find interesting news and opinions from, and even enjoy visiting, i’m not sure if its exactly a lovely blog, and most definitely not a very inspiring blog with inspiring bloggers, but I definitely appreciate the gift and nomination, and I know our fellow contributors appreciate it as well.
The blog that was kind enough to nominate us for this cool little gift were the folks at Omnislashed. Omnislashed is a blog that posts about gaming as well and is a great source of news and videos from around the industry. Myself and the rest of the CA! team truly appreciate Omni for nominating us and give them our thanks. Now the rules for this award say to share 7 facts about yourself. Since I am just one member of CA! I will share some facts about our three key members.
- Jeff is the founder of CA! and he is completely addicted to horror films
- He wishes to one day go to school for filmmaking
- I am the lead writer for CA! and am currently going to school for an Associate of Arts degree and wish to become a Journalist
- I also fiddle with the design process here, such as backgrounds, banners and editing the articles to make them look up to stuff
- Randy is a contributing writer and he hails from the nation of Africa (I think he made that place up)
- He will also start writing articles for us about the growing Major League Gaming circuit
- We here at CA! hope to continue to grow this blog in exciting and interesting ways. That means grabbing ourselves a .com, getting a hold of Press Review copies of games and eventually an entirely new legit look. We also have a top secret project currently in the works and we will announce it very soon!
So those are some quick facts about the three of us and one fact about the potential future of Counter Attack! The next rule for this prestigious award calls for me to nominate 10 of my personal favorite blogs, and thus I shall!
- Game Delver
- Gamer Crash
- The Warning Sign
- The Vortex Effect
- At the Buzzer
- Ninety Nine Percent
- Whats your Tag?
- Games I made my girlfriend play
These blogs all offer up some great content and insights either into gaming, movies, or just their minds, and are a joy to read. I will go to each of these blogs and let them know they have been nominated, and I will list the rules for this Nomination below for them to browse.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Add The One Lovely Blog Award + The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
Now for some appreciation
Now to cap off this very long and strange Quick bits! I want to give thanks. I want to give out a special thank you to anyone out there who has become a frequent reader of CA. To anyone who may decide to take some time out of their busy schedules each week to stop on by and allow us to fill their brains with random nonsense that matters very little in the grand scheme of things. We appreciate every single one of you. So a special thanks to those who frequent and to those who have clicked the Follow button at the bottom of our page. Also a thanks to those who just happen upon us by mistake and quickly leave, your kind of cool too. Its Midnight here in CO and I’ve taken far to long on this post as it is, so i’ll stop here. Goodnight folks.
-Chuck and the rest of the CA! squad
OH! and this was my 103rd post at CA! thats kind of a decent number, right?